We appreciate that planning to build and construction of any description is a significant undertaking and a serious financial commitment. Walker QS Consultants’ qualified quantity surveyors provide accurate cost estimating services and expertise to ensure that realistic budgets are established right from project conception.
As professional quantity surveyors, we are specialist construction cost consultants.
Using our industry experience and the most up-to-date estimating software, we establish realistic cost estimations right from the start of all projects and employ value engineering to work within established budgets. Our focus is on creating value at all project stages, while retaining high levels of functionality and building longevity. You can have confidence that you will achieve the best possible build, on budget.
We provide professional cost estimating and tendering services for individuals, developers, architects, builders, main and subcontractors for residential and commercial projects of all sizes, complexities and investment values.
- Project specific, detailed and accurate cost estimates.
- Commercial projects of all descriptions.
- Residential projects for developments, renovations and new home building.
- A full range of construction take offs from drawings, along with budget easements from design briefs and sketches.
Achieving Set Budgets
For set budgets, our quantity surveyors can help clients achieve their project outcomes by employing effective value engineering. We work to reduce the build cost by providing more economical alternative products, which still retain functionality and maintain the longevity of the building.
Cost Control & Related Services
Once you have costs and a budget in place that work for you, the next step is ensuring that there are robust cost control activities throughout the project to reduce the risk of budget overruns. Our cost control services commence at project inception and ends with the agreement of the final account to meet the client’s requirements.
- Tender preparation and evaluation.
- Project cost management is an essential project function to confirm that construction works completed on-site, are accurately valued and costs are controlled.
- Attend meetings, perform on-site measures and valuations.
- Cost monitoring and reporting during construction.
- Assessment of variation of work and associated costs from builders/contractors, to ensure that they are verified and legitimate.
- Accurately assess and compile variations in terms of accumulation and submission on behalf of contractors.
- Progress claim evaluation of work for progress payments to the main contractor at various stages of a project.
- Final account negotiations on behalf of contractors for the final account and retention release claims in line with the contract to achieve subsequent agreement.
- Negotiate to achieve agreement of final accounts.
Read more about our full range of quantity surveying services and how we can help you.
Talk to us about your next project. Contact us here »